Re: Re: Re: Your opinions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Forum 2 ]

Posted by elena from IP on April 07, 2014 at 01:25:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Your opinions posted by Steel on June 24, 2013 at 22:51:01:

In case of a child: if it is an emergency you treat the child (life/death
situation). Otherwise you take the case to court and the court will appoint a
temporary guardian who will make treatment decisions.

The next of kin may not insist to do anything unless he/she has guardianship of
the incompetent adult. Power of Attorney can be used, but in that case the
incompetent adult used to be competent and has likely discussed his/her wishes
prior to becoming incompetent. It is a bit complicated and open to
interpretations; you may have to take that case to the Ethics Committee.

However, for the purpose of the exam you need to remember that in case of a
life/death situation - you treat. You actually would even treat an unconscious
adult Jehovah witness; when he/she regains consciousness and requests to
withdraw treatment - you will do so.


Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Forum 2 ]