Re: Please help me Dr. Carl

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Step 1 ]

Posted by Andreas Carl from IP on February 18, 2013 at 10:29:16:

In Reply to: Please help me Dr. Carl posted by Medical Student on January 31, 2013 at 00:01:51:

Well, you have come to the right place!!! I am from Germany myself and graduated from med school in
Berlin. Then I moved to US, did medical research for a while and took the USMLE in order to get my
license here.

I suggest you complete your medical training in Germany. I don't even know if US medical schools
accept foreign applicants, but even if they would, it'd be extremely expensive.

Once you got your "Approbation" (MD equivalent in Germany), you can come to US to do your Residency
(similar to "Facharztausbildung") and get your US license. You need to take the USMLE exams of course,
and you can do Step 1 and Step 2 while you are still in Germany. There are test centers that give this
exam in Germany (as in most other countries).

Good luck!!!

PS: The USMLE is more difficult than the German exams and topics stressed are different, so it requires
very careful preparation!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Step 1 ]