Posted by navs from IP 220.127.116.11 on February 27, 2012 at 10:11:46:
I and another fellow on here have been debating the chances of getting off a J1 visa after training to continue to live
here in the U.S. and practice.
My opinion is that it is UNLIKELY to finnish res. on a J1 and stay here without going back for the mandatory 2 yrs.
The other guys view is the opposite and insists it is LIKELY to be able to stay here.
I have searched an aweful lot and have not found hard stats supporting either argument, so I thought I would leave it
out for others to discuss as well.
All I know is:
1. On J1 u have to go back to ur home country for 2 yrs, unless u get a waiver.
2. With a waiver u HAVE to work:
1. In a medically underserved area or VA
2. As a primary care doc (ONLY IM, FP, Peds, Pysch, or OB/GYN)
3. And for a period of 3 yrs
Then can apply for a green card.
What do u guys think??
Post a Followup